Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Another Quickie

Just a quick post to let everyone know what's going on.

I arrived in New Haven on Sunday, July 31st, as anticipated. The trip across country was great. My arrival in New Haven wasn't. It turns out that my apartment isn't finished quite yet. I have no toilet, no shower, and no kitchen. The landlord has been really cool about the whole situation and I am currently staying in his guest room. But I have not been able to settle in to my new apartment, which is why I moved here when I did.

As with any move to a new town, finding things has been a little difficult. The student intranet site tells you where to find your bank, where to buy groceries, etc., but it doesn't tell you where the nearest electronics store or gym is.

I've been spending a lot of time in NYC. Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'm heading into the city to celebrate. Then, it's back to New Haven and, hopefully, an apartment that is ready for me to move in to.

I'll write more about my trip, life in New Haven, and the SOM once I get access to the internet on my own computer. (I'm buying a wireless card in NYC tomorrow.)

I wish I had more time to write, but I'm being charged by the minute here. I look forward to catching up on my blog reading in the very near future.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paa"ji" said...

HAPPY B'DAY JB!!!

Have a wonderful day and a great year ahead :-)
(and as per kv's earlier advise ..dont forget the vitamins this time)
Have a blast..........CHEERS

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Have a great birthday!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Keven said...

You're alive!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger KV said...

You made it. Score!

Happy bday!!!!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

Sunday, August 14, 2005 10:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home