Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Quick Post

I came into the office to pick up my gym bag and figured that, since I'm here, I might as well give a brief summary of my weekend.

Friday Night: My going-away party with co-workers. (I actually have one more week of work left, but we celebrated early because my manager is going on vacation and won't be around for my official "last day.") Our first stop was Bambuddha Lounge. I got pretty wasted, so I don't remember where we went next. All I know is that we ended up at a club, where a co-worker of mine tried all night to get the attention of a bouncer she had the hots for while I spent (what seemed like) hours pressing myself against a nice, cool concrete wall to keep myself from falling down.

Saturday: Woke up at noon with a ferocious hangover. Went back to sleep. Woke up at 3 p.m. Felt a little bit better. Left the apartment to get a greasy meal, which usually does the trick in these situations. Came home. Went back to sleep until 6 p.m. A friend of mine, who just returned from a wedding in Italy, came over at 8 p.m. She and I watched a movie and crashed at 11:30 p.m.

Today: Woke up at 9:30 a.m. feeling 100%. Had a mellow morning. Read the New York Times.

I'm sure I'll get all the details about Friday night tomorrow morning from my co-workers. Well, whatever details they can remember, anyway. Nights like that always come back in puzzle form - everybody holds a piece (a memory) and when you put all the pieces together you get an idea of what really happened. The few memories I have are good ones. I'm pretty sure I didn't do or say anything embarrassing. But even if I did, who cares? It was my going-away party, dammit! And it was well worth the Saturday I spent in pain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

The one n the only time i helped myself to drinks was in post-grad school. After i had that concoction, i remember, i just kept swearing...I was concious of it, i mean i knew i talking some crap..but i was not able to stop myself! It was just not happening! It was funny! :-)

My friends have tried to convince me to help myself again only to vent my anger/frustration! lol! I havent given in!

Sunday, July 10, 2005 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger KV said...

I told you to take some Vitamin C before going to bed, didn't I?

;-)

Monday, July 11, 2005 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

Glad.....you had a blast, the more you sleep the next day.....the better the things went the previous evening......and I C that u ve been sleeping LOL :-)

Monday, July 11, 2005 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

atta girl - lol. Actually, I rarely drink alcohol; and, when I do, I know to stop after two drinks. I made an exception mostly because my co-workers can consume vast quantities of alcohol and they kept ordering drinks for me. Besides, it's not like I could have left the party. Fortunately, though, I'm a good drunk. I don't get violent or mean. In fact, I become less guarded (i.e., really friendly) . . . which gets me into trouble of an entirely different sort. lol.

kv - Yes, you did! But given that I woke up the next morning fully clothed and still wearing my shoes, I can't imagine that taking a multi-vitamin that night even crossed my mind. lol. I will definitely try it the next time, though. Thanks for the tip!

paa"ji" - That's a good rule of thumb. lol. What's going on with the GMAT?

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home