Thursday, July 07, 2005

Orange Alert

U.S. transportation has been placed on Orange alert.

I am so grateful that the U.S. has a color-coded terror alert system. It's just another example of the great leadership we have in this country. Leadership in-action!

Militant conservatives everywhere, listen up! Stay the course. Forget about changing the "flawed" U.S. policy in the Middle East. Don't pander to liberals who argue that the policy we have now will result in still more deaths. Just keep changing those colors and we'll all be fine. It's that easy.

Clearly, Bush's "War on Terror" is working. Sure, more innocent people have been killed. But isn't it worth it? Don't you feel safer today than you did yesterday? And why wouldn't you? We're on "Orange" alert, baby! If any color can prevent a terrorist attack, it's this one.

P.S. This post is a sarcastic response to the U.S. response to what happened in London this morning. Like you, I am deeply troubled by the bombings. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I am even now anxiously awaiting word from my friends in London. I hope they are okay. :-(

3 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

95% of people here have expressed sorrow and asked if my family were OK in London (They are). One guy here was talking about how this would improve Bush's position because it improves Blair's position and Blair will back him up. He seemed happy about it. Asshole.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

I'm glad to hear that your family's okay.

I just got word that my friends in London are also among the alive and uninjured. Thank God.

The guy you mention in your comment sounds like a sociopath. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Keven said...

Take a look at this, same thing but on national TV.

http://mediamatters.org/static/video/foxandfriends-200507070004.wmv

Friday, July 08, 2005 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home