Thursday, July 21, 2005

Full Speed Ahead

These last two weeks have been completely insane. I had to go into the office last weekend (even though my official last day was the Friday before) because I wasn't able to get any work done during my last week. Too many going-away lunches, dinners, and cocktails; not to mention all of the associates that stopped by my desk to bid me farewell. I went into the office on Saturday for four hours and was in the office on Sunday from 12:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. I managed to get everything done; but it damn-near killed me. Of course, the slight hangover didn't help. (KV - The vitamins DID help; the morning after would have been much uglier had I not followed your advice.)

I've spent this last week running around, trying to tie up all of the loose ends. It looks like my immunizations forms will get to school just under the wire. Also, my private loan was approved. It took my bank three weeks to make a decision (something to do with the 4th of July weekend and a backlog of applications); but I got the approval and the promissary note on Monday. I signed it and dropped it in the mail - a tremendous relief.

Even though these last two weeks have been crazy, I've had a lot of fun. Two great lines from drunken conversations I've had with friends and family:

"If I'm not me, then I don't know who is." (My brother's wife said this, though I can't for the life of me remember the context.)
"Don't worry. I haven't forgotten what I don't know." (I said this after being reminded by a friend that I wasn't supposed to know something she had told me about a mutual friend of ours.)

Good times. Good times.

I am relieved that I will soon be on the road to New Haven. Just five more days! I'll post again on or around August 1st.

To everyone who'll be journeying to his/her school during the next four weeks, Bon voyage!

3 Comments:

Blogger KV said...

Are you going to drive through some scenic roads or just make a beeline to CT (Yale is in CT, right?)...

Monday, July 25, 2005 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger KV said...

Either your trip is REALLY long or you have forgotten your username/password to blogger because it's been a while since your last post.

Friday, August 05, 2005 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

Maybe you found something really Nice on the way......or is KV right. You are doing West to East, I did the whole East West last month....all in 84 hours. Keep us posted on whats new.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home