Friday, July 08, 2005

Danke Schoen

Today I participated in my last team meeting. It was a lot of fun, as usual. Sometimes, it occurs to me that I work for a major financial services company and that I probably shouldn't enjoy coming into work everyday as much as I do. But I've never met a marketer who hated his job. And I've never met one who didn't know how to have a good time. We're pretty much the same wherever you go. . . . Even in the financial services industry!

At the end of the meeting, my manager played Danke Schoen and dedicated it to me. When that song ended, "ABC" by the Jackson 5 came on unexpectedly and we had a mini dance party. I'll be going out for drinks with my co-workers tonight. I already know that it will turn into a roast, so I plan on getting a nice buzz going before that portion of the evening begins.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger KV said...

I usually avoid hangovers by taking 4 tablets of multivitamins and drinking a bottle of water before I go to bed. Enjoy your celebration!

Friday, July 08, 2005 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Keven said...

This reminds me of a series in Dilbert where he's transfered into Marketing and and when he arrives there's a sign above the office that says "Marketing: Two Drink Minimum."

Sunday, July 10, 2005 3:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home