Monday, June 27, 2005

iPoor

I'm broke. Not broke as in, "I only have a few hundred and/or thousand dollars in my bank account." I know people who think this makes them "poor." No, I'm broke as in, "I'll be really lucky if I have $20 left in my checking account tomorrow morning." What happened? Without going into detail, I've had a lot of unexpected expenses these past few months. But I haven't let my current financial situation get me down. In fact, I decided to treat myself.

I bought the new Bose SoundDock for my iPod. It's awesome. So good, in fact, that I won't be bringing my CD player or CDs with me to New Haven. (I have over 400 CDs in jewel cases, so this decision will give me a lot more room in my car.)

Was my purchase irresponsible? The bank that issued my credit card doesn't think so; but yes, it was. Do I regret it? Hell no!

2 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

One of the first things I did when I bought my laptop was to copy over all my mp3s and burn all the stuff off my CDs I wanted. My CDs won't be coming with us to Madison.

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger KV said...

I just had to give LBS $16,000 in the past 6 weeks. Needless to say I don't have much left in my bank account either. LBS did not even let us use our student loans to pay for that reservation fee. The only good thing I have going right now is the fact that I'm still working (for about 1 more month) so there still is some incoming money for me to buy a few more toys.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home