Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Check This Box

Today, I received the following email:

Dear Applicant,

We have successfully verified your application to the Yale School of Management. Thank you for your cooperation.

-Kroll Background Screening Group

It took Kroll all of 9 days to complete the verification. I'm impressed.

In other news, I faxed in the form so that the school can start processing my Stafford Loan, so all I have left to do:

  • Apply for a loan to cover my living expenses.
  • Send an official transcript of my statistics class.
  • Send medical records.
  • Buy books so that I can start doing course pre-work.
  • Move to New Haven!

I'm starting to feel on top of this.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Now since you are on the top of the world, shoot a quick prayer for me -- my visa interview coming soon!! My heart is already thumping!!

Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

Ooooh. I'm sure it will go well. It sounds like many of your countrymen (and women!) have gone through this process and have come out unscathed.

Still, my prayers are with you. Let me know how it goes!

Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Keven said...

Yeah, the Visa interview is just them trying to make sure you're doing what you say you're doing. You'll be fine.

Friday, June 24, 2005 8:09:00 AM  
Blogger KV said...

They did a background check on you? LBS didn't do any of that. I guess we are trustworthy:-) My friend who got into INSEAD also told me that he did not have to do a background check. Maybe they just pick a few people randomly.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

I think it's pretty common at American business schools. This is the first year that Yale required it, but other schools have been doing it for a few years now. It started at Wharton, when it was discovered that a student in his second year had made a material representation on his resume. He was kicked out of the school and background checks were born.

Monday, June 27, 2005 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

Sorry. The student in question made a "material mis-representation." Got a little ahead of myself there.

Monday, June 27, 2005 1:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home