Monday, June 13, 2005

Update # 2

Some updates:

I received an email from Yale today. It promised detailed information within the coming weeks about Orientation, which begins on August 15th. All I know at this point is that the first item on the agenda is a welcome from our new dean - de rigeur at most schools, I imagine.

I also received an email from Yale several days ago that asked me to take a math assessment test. (All matriculants received this, so it isn't anything personal.) Yale intends to use this test to determine if I need to attend Math Camp before school starts. From what I've heard, it's a pretty easy test. That must be why I haven't taken it yet. I'm that confident!

Today, I took it upon myself to contact the Financial Aid office to find out when I would be receiving my offer letter. I already have a pretty good idea of what the offer will look like, but it would be nice to have something in hand. The woman I spoke to was very kind and said she would send me something tomorrow, via email. Once I get the letter, I'll begin the process of applying for loans.

Also, today, I faxed in my permission to have Kroll verify my application. I pity Kroll for having to work with my alma mater on verifying the dates of my attendance, GPA, etc. I know of no other school that makes getting this information more time-consuming than mine does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home