Monday, August 29, 2005

Procrastination

I've already started to procrastinate. My accounting assignment is due on Wednesday, but I just can't bring myself to start doing the work.

Instead, I've decided to confess my admiration for Dolly Parton, who once said, "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!" Compare the if you can't make fun of yourself... humility of Dolly Parton to the I will not be mocked arrogance of George Clooney and other annoying celebrities, and you can see why I find her a compelling personality.

I downloaded "Islands In The Stream" the other day and added it to my Shits & Giggles playlist. The song makes me laugh. It probably makes Dolly laugh, too. Dolly rocks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Paa"ji" said...

JB, keep walking ...just dont stop these first few days and soon you will be running

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

A very appropriate metaphor! I actually went to the gym yesterday to do some lower body work, which I haven't done in years. Today, it hurts to walk, and running is absolutely out of the question. lol!

However, I did complete my accounting assignment and have started working on my Strategic Environment of Management assignment. I'm getting things done, I just needed a little mental break yesterday.

Thank you for the encouraging words.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 3:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home