Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Yale Interview

With R1 (the round in which I applied) over and done with and R2 concluding this Thursday, I had been feeling less than optimistic about my chances of being admitted. (Yale's SOM had a kick-ass R2 in terms of number/quality of applicants, or so I have been told.) But yesterday, I opened up my email to find an invitation to interview in New Haven!

When Yale said, "Jump!" I asked, "How high?" I have done everything to prove my interest upon being waitlisted - except visit the campus - and it appears to be paying off.

Truth be told, I was hoping for an admit without an interview, given my recent debacle with Oxford. But I don't think this interview is about trying to get a better sense of who I am or why I am interested. I feel that this has been communicated. I think this invitation is the final test of my devotion. That being the case, I have no choice. Yale is where I want to go - Now I have to go there to prove it.

So my interview is on April 11th. I am so close I can almost taste it. (I just got this image of me walking around the campus, licking every building. Hmmm . . .) I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO GO TO THE YALE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT!

That said, I am taking this interview seriously even though it may not be a "make or break." Friends of mine have volunteered to serve as "interviewers" in a series of mock interviews I have planned for next week. I will not have another Oxford. I will zip up my fly. I shall prevail!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Good Luck with your decision! and Thanx for the personality test link. :-)

Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home