Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Welcome Weekend

Last weekend, over 120 admits descended upon New Haven for two days of speeches, panels, activities, and parties. I had the pleasure of meeting many of them, including brownoski, and I have to say, they're a stellar bunch. Admissions put together another super class. Most of the admits I spoke to seemed decided on coming to Yale, so I didn't have to try to sell the school. Not that that's hard. I mean, once you meet the people here, you're pretty much sold. That's how it was for me, anyway.

The coolest thing for me was having three classes on campus at the same time. It gave a sense of continuity to the place. It's sometimes difficult to see the big picture - how amazing it is to go to school here, to have this opportunity, to be part of something so great - when you spend so much time studying.

Anyway, I'm happy to have met so many future SOMers and look forward to meeting the rest of them in the fall. To official members of the Class of 2008, welcome to Yale SOM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home