Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Curriculum Reform

Tonight, Dean Podolny introduced the new core curriculum. In a word: Wow.

While I am not at liberty to divulge the details (the PR machine will go into motion in just a few months), I can say that the changes are revolutionary. No other school is offering an education like this. The new core curriculum takes a truly interdisciplinary approach to management education.

This article in the Yale Daily News lays out the basics pretty well.

The Class of 2008 will be the first to benefit from the changes. This class will also be smaller than usual, as space in the class is being eliminated to "ensure effective implementation" of the curriculum.

I'm curious to see how people will respond. Personally, I'm a little bit jealous of the Class of 2008. This is what management education should be.

Edits everywhere. LOL.

2 Comments:

Blogger MBABlogger said...

Wow !! would wait to get more details abt it ..Was already in awe of the school and now it gives me another attractive reason why I shuld apply to Yale..

Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:23:00 AM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Thanks for the comment! Hope all is well in New Haven. Unfortunately, I don't have the chance to be there next year, but I do wish all the best to the lucky SOM '08-ers! :-)

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home