Friday, March 03, 2006

Finals Done! Internship Offer Received! Spring Break Arrived!

What a 24 hours!

I took my Leadership final yesterday afternoon. I loved the structure. For every wrong answer you circled, you got a point. If you circled the right answer thinking that it was the wrong answer, you got negative four points. This was great for me because there were five questions for which I did not know the correct answers, but by POE was able to elimate three. So I got three points each for those questions, as opposed to a full four. Better than zero points, eh?

This morning was my Decision Analysis final. A bit of a disaster. Utilities were a nightmare and took up waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time. If I got more than 50 (out of 100), I'd be surprised. I suspect the mean this year will be lower than last year's, so a 50 should put me in proficient range. But, who knows? The guy sitting next to me called it quits twenty minutes into the (three-hour) exam. He just got up and left, having written nothing down. So, yes, the exam was THAT difficult.

After taking the final, I had to do homework that was due just a few hours later for another class . The ringer on my phone was off, so I didn't hear it ring. But a call came through during that time with an offer to work at a company in NYC over the summer! The offer is VERY generous, the company's great, and I'm really excited about it. I've always wanted to live in NYC - not permanently, but for a while. So the prospect of spending a summer there is v.v. cool. The best part, though, is that this takes a lot of pressure off.

On top of all this, Spring Break is here! While I have no definite plans, I think I may rent a car and explore the Northeast. A few days in NYC may also be in the offing. In any case, I still have homework to do and hope to use some of this time to catch up. But I'm not going to punish myself too severly if I choose to waste the majority of my break. :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

Congratulations!

What kind of position is it?

Friday, March 03, 2006 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger brownoski said...

congrats on the job! What areas of the Northeast do you plan on visiting?

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Congratulations! It's definitely nice to head into spring break and Q4 without the internship monkey on your back.

Enjoy your break!

Saturday, March 04, 2006 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

thanks, guys!

keven - it's a marketing position. i'd be happy to give you the details. shoot me an email if you'd like to know more.

brownoski - not sure. i'm thinking of heading out to boston. maybe maine. any recommendations?

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger KV said...

I might head back to the Bay next month. Any chance of you being there?

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

KV - But alas, no. Planning any trips to the East Coast in the near future?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Keven said...

jb, i'd shoot you an email but you're still anonymous :-)

If you want to email me, go to the current students profiles at the UW-Madison AC Nielsen center.

http://www.bus.wisc.edu/nielsencenter/current/

It's pretty obvious which one is me.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home