Saturday, February 11, 2006

Marketing Final

On Friday morning, my classmates and I took the final for our core marketing class. It lasted four hours. Some described it as anti-climactic. Others found it challenging. I thought it was fair.

I think I did well enough, but I no longer attempt to guess how I perform relative to my classmates. I'm always wrong. My new approach is to aim for a perfect grade, thus ensuring that I get a decent one. My old strategy - trying to do better than just 10% of classmates - backfired a bit in the second half of my first semester.

Operations starts on Monday. I'm kind of bummed, as I really enjoyed my marketing class; and I doubt that Operations is going to excite me. But maybe it will. Who knows?

3 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

So far this semester Operations has been really cool for us. It might be our professor James Rappold though. Thursday night and Friday we spent doing a computer simulation exercise that involves participants taking control of either distribution centers or factories in a global company. Apparently the rest of the course (11 weeks) will be primarily based around our performance and analysis of this simulation.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Paa"ji" said...

Good to see u movin on....marketing = Gone, ops will be gone soon :-) Cheers

Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Awesome your marketing final is overwith. Good luck with Ops! Who knows? May end up being a really interesting class. :-)

Cheers!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home