Friday, June 03, 2005

July 15th It Is

After much consideration, I have chosen July 15th as my last day of work. This will give me ten days to pack and put most of my belongings in storage, five days to drive across the country, and fifteen days to settle in/become acquainted with New Haven.

I held off on making a decision as long as I reasonably could. Denial, I suppose. My apartment, my city, my friends, my co-workers - these are all "home" to me. I leave home knowing that the time has come to accelerate my learning and growth, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Yes, these next two years are going to be exciting. I have already been informed of some unique internship opportunities - not only through the school, but also through fellow matriculants! My own friends have begun to drop VERY SUBTLE hints about my internship next summer, e.g., "Well, if you want to do something creative, you should do your internship at [insert name of friend's company here]. I can get you the internship if you want it. It's up to you. Do you want to do something interesting? Or do you want to go into CPG and be bored?" I've been getting a lot of variations of this - worded less agressively, of course. And as if all this weren't enough, my manager wants me to take a leave of absence instead of resigning. So the pressure's on at work to return once I have finished my degree. I'm guessing that these constitute just a glimpse of what Yale and an MBA have to offer. The next two years will be quite an adventure.

But in no time at all, I'll be saying good-bye to the people and places I know and love. I'm pretty sure I'll be coming back to the West Coast, my city, and my friends in two years. My job? . . . I'm not so sure about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home