Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Real Jerry Blank

So, I’ve updated my blog with a picture of my namesake, Jerri Blank. Isn’t she hot?

It’s come to my attention that almost everyone at SOM knows who I am and so I'm not really writing anonymously after all. That may be, but I am still not going to put my real name on this blog. One, because I don’t want my employer(s) to know that I write this. And two, because if I brought myself to believe that everyone knew who I was, I think I would become a lot more self-conscious. As it is, I already self-censor quite a bit, which makes me sound way more enthusiastic and up-beat (sometimes irritatingly so) than I am in real life. Friends of mine teased me about this recently, but I would rather come off as more positive than negative to the perfect strangers reading this blog . . . and to myself when I read this five years from now.

I suppose I could afford to inject more of “me” into my posts, and will make more of an effort to do so moving forward. Most second-year bloggers seem to suffer from a lack of MBA-related content, so this could be the perfect opportunity to experiment a little.

But just so everyone who knows me knows, I chose “Jerry Blank” for several reasons. Its closeness is just a coincidence. (Seriously, Lendra. Give me a little credit. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home