Saturday, September 17, 2005

Storms

It's pouring rain in New Haven, with thunder and lightening. I've never witnessed a storm like this.

We don't get storms of this severity on the West Coast. The thunder here is deafening. It literally claps. And it seems as though your whole building is going to come down everytime it does.

I'm homesick for the wimpy little "rolls" of thunder we would get with storms from the Pacific. I miss the wind and the rain we have in San Francisco. It's nothing compared to this.

So far, the biggest adjustment I've had to make here is to the weather. Hot and humid summers, frequent storms, and ... soon ... freezing cold winters.

About a week-and-a-half ago, we had four days of beautiful weather here. Days in the mid-seventies, nights in the low sixties. No moisture. I remember telling a friend of mine who's originally from Washington D.C. and who now lives in San Francisco about it. Her reply, "Well, that was it. I hope you enjoyed it."

Will somebody from the East Coast please explain to me why anybody chooses to live here?

3 Comments:

Blogger Paa"ji" said...

JB I moved from the West to the East Coast (3yrs), moved back West later this summer....and am missing it :-(, and the real east coast experience is still to come, bright sunny day and air even worse that a blast freezer....but its good for people looking for natural pink cheeks :-) LOL

Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Keven said...

No earthquakes

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger KV said...

The weather is not everything (or so I keep telling myself right now)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home