Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Now I Understand . . .

. . . what friends and former colleagues of mine who had earned their MBAs in traditional two year programs were talking about when they said that the first year was tough.

My classmates and I are inundated with work. Three SEM assignments and two Accounting assignments are due this week. At the beginning of next week our first Finance, Econ, and Stats assignments come due - and they're pretty substantial. The reading, review sessions, study group meetings (we've already met twice and will meet two more times before the week is up), and career events have taken up 16 hours of every day since Sunday. And it shows no signs of letting up.

Midterms are in a month; and most of us are already stressing about them.

Time for me to get back to the books. It's pretty clear that if I'm going to survive the first semester, I'll have to start managing my time so that I can account for nearly every single minute of my day. Outlook Calendar has become my best friend.

I can't believe I wanted classes to start so badly. Now I just want December to roll around, and fast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paa"ji" said...

Thats the real survival class..... and think it's gonna continue for a while....but the end will be very fruitful

I am inundated by the GMAT beast these days.....hope I can overcome it soon :-)

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:23:00 PM  
Blogger KV said...

Good luck with all that work but make sure you don’t neglect your social (networking) time.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home