Friday, December 02, 2005

The Internship Search

So I finally have a draft of my resume that I'm happy with. It really brings my career to life. What a dramatic difference, writing in terms of accomplishments as opposed to responsibilities. I get excited reading my resume now. Hopefully, recruiters will, too.

I'm getting a little stressed out about the whole internship search. I don't want to work at any of the companies that traditionally come on business school campuses to recruit MBAs. This means I have a lot of work to do on my own. While I anticipated this from the very beginning, it doesn't make it any less daunting.

I have to spend a day going through old emails, digging up the names of recruiters I've met over the course of my career. I also have to get my resume to friends who work in companies that I'm interested in. And I've got to put together a decent cover letter.

I have a mock interview scheduled for this week. I also have an assignment due in every class. And finals are in two weeks. You know, the internship search would be a lot easier if school didn't keep getting in the way. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Blank said...

I hope you are, too! But try not to be disappointed if you don't receive word before break. Most applicants won't.

Read your recent post, BTW. Will post my thoughts on your blog.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home