Monday, November 27, 2006

Spring Electives Update

There was a town-hall meeting last week. I didn't go, but here's what I heard:

  • Several second-year students expressed their dismay with the school's decision to give first-years priority for electives.
  • In response, the Dean, Deputy Dean, and Dean of Students met for nine hours afterwards to come up with a solution.
  • Two days ago, the Dean of Students sent an email to second-years that revealed significant changes to the Spring electives schedule and informed us that first-years would receive priority placement in only four classes, one of which was designed just for first-years and none of which were particularly interesting to second-years.
I also heard that the Deputy Dean remarked after the town hall that he wanted to get a t-shirt made that said, "I love second-years." While I wouldn't necesarily object to this, lol, I believe that the administration did well enough by realizing it had made a mistake in how it approached this issue and by correcting it in a timely manner. I have to give them credit. When we spoke, they listened. (Of course, it would have been better had they taken our interests into consideration all along. . . .)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home