Monday, May 09, 2005

Yale Acceptance

Wow! I am still in shock. It hasn't seemed to sink in quite yet.

This morning, I was working on a project for a store opening when I heard the phone ring. My heart nearly leapt out of my chest when I saw area code 203 on my caller id. I answered the phone in my usual manner, just in case it was a customer. The next thing I know, I was listening to Lindsay say the words that I have wanted to hear since I began this process almost two years ago, "We would like to welcome you to the class of 2007." She gave me some information - when my offer letter would appear online, that I should expect materials to arrive in the mail, and that if I wanted to take another course before the first term that Micro-Economics would be the school's recommendation. She then wrapped up the call. I managed to exclaim, "Awesome!" before the call was finished. I simply couldn't believe it.

Within minutes, everyone in my office was at my desk congratulating me.

What a journey! I learned a lot about myself going through this process. I expect to learn a great deal more from my classmates and class work in New Haven this fall.

I don't intend to post on my experiences taking the GMAT, selecting schools, applying, etc. A good number of bloggers have already covered these bases. (And I don't feel as though I have earned the right to consider myself an expert!) I have one tip on essay writing that I have not yet seen in a blog; and many tips on the waitlist process, which is the one post I will write.

Tomorrow, it will probably hit me: Everything that needs to happen so that I am happily settled in New Haven come August 15th. Right now, I am blissfully content. Euphoric. I haven't felt this way in a long, long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Yo buddy! Hi-fives to you!!! I'm so happy for you! Cheers! :-)

I know my blogpost about that job thingie is pending. In a gist - First came a nomination for one of my media campaign in the Asia Pacific advertising awards. My entry was one of the 5 chosen from 70 entries from 17 countries!! I was madly overjoyed that day! Then came this sexy project offer...!! All to the hope & will!! Cheers!

Celebrate, this is your week!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jerry Blank said...

Thanks, atta girl! I only wish you'd be joining me at Yale in the fall.

Congratulations on the nomination and the project offer! I look forward to reading all about them on your blog.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home